Laptop screens and keyboards are great for most jobs and can’t be beaten for their portability. They’re not so great when it comes to staying tidy. As you may know, the keyboard and screen of a laptop is often the dirtiest part. From sticky fingers to spilled coffee, these surfaces get dirty and are hard to keep clean. However, with some clever tricks, you can remove minor stains from the screen and clean your keyboard – see how in this blog post!
Assuming you’re working with a standard laptop keyboard and screen, the first step is to unplug your laptop and remove any external devices. Next, shut down your laptop and flip it over. Use a can of compressed air to blow away any dust or dirt from the keyboard and screen.
Now it’s time to start cleaning the keys and screen. For the keys, you can use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol. Gently rub each key until it’s clean. For the screen, you’ll need a microfiber cloth. Wet the cloth with water and wring it out so it’s just damp. Wipe the screen in a circular motion until it’s clean.
That’s all there is to it! With these simple tricks, you can easily clean your laptop keyboard and screen without damaging them.
What are the Things that Cleaners Use to Clean Laptop Screens?
To clean your laptop screen, you will need:
- A microfiber cloth
- White vinegar (optional)
To clean your keyboard, you will need:
- A can of compressed air (optional)
- A soft-bristled brush (optional)
- White vinegar (optional)
First, start with a clean microfiber cloth. If the cloth is too wet, wring it out until it’s just damp. You don’t want any water dripping down into your laptop. Next, gently wipe the entire screen in a circular motion. If you have any tough spots or stains, you can use a small amount of white vinegar on the cloth.
To clean your keyboard, start by using a can of compressed air to blow out any dust or crumbs that might be hiding between the keys. If you don’t have compressed air, you can use a soft-bristled brush. Once you’ve removed the visible dirt and debris, you can dampen a corner of your microfiber cloth with water and gently wipe down the keys. Again, if you have any tough stains, you can use a small amount of white vinegar on the cloth.
How do Laptop Screens and Keyboards Get Dirty?
Laptop screens and keyboards can get incredibly dirty, especially if you use your computer often. Dust, dirt, and even food can build up on the surface of your screen and keyboard, making it difficult to see and use your computer.
Fortunately, there are a few simple tricks that you can use to clean your laptop screen and keyboard quickly and easily. Here are a few tips:
Use compressed air to blow away dust and dirt. You can buy compressed air cans at most office supply stores.
Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe down the surface of your screen and keyboard. Be sure to use a lint-free cloth to avoid leaving behind any fibers.
If there are stubborn stains on your screen or keyboard, you can use a mild cleaning solution such as vinegar or soap water. Just be sure to avoid using any harsh chemicals that could damage your computer.
Once you’ve cleaned the surface of your screen and keyboard, be sure to unplug any cables that are connected to your computer before you start cleaning. This will help prevent any liquid from getting into the ports and damaging your computer.
The Many Benefits of Cleaning Your Laptop Screen and Keyboard
Cleaning your laptop screen and keyboard regularly can help prolong its lifespan and keep it looking like new. Not to mention, it can also improve your productivity and efficiency when using your computer. Here are some of the many benefits of cleaning your laptop screen and keyboard:
- Prolong the life of your laptop – Regularly cleaning your laptop screen and keyboard can help extend its lifespan. By removing all the dirt, dust, and grime that builds up over time, you’re helping to prevent damage to delicate components and ensuring that your laptop can continue to run smoothly for years to come.
- Improve productivity – A clean workstation is a more efficient workstation. When everything is tidy and in its place, you can focus on getting your work done instead of hunting for a misplaced item or trying to decipher a messy desk.
- Avoid health hazards – Dust, pollen, mold spores, pet dander, and other allergens can collect on your laptop screen and keyboard, causing respiratory problems or exacerbating allergies. Regular cleaning will help reduce these airborne contaminants and create a healthier workspace.
- Enhance the look of your laptop – Let’s be honest – a clean laptop just looks better than a dirty one! If you take pride in your appearance, it’s important to extend that same level of care to your electronic devices. Plus, a sparkling computer is bound to impress anyone who sees it – clients, coworkers, friends, family… everyone!
What to Avoid and What to Use for Cleaning Your Laptop Screen and Keyboard
When it comes to cleaning your laptop screen and keyboard, there are a few things you’ll want to avoid and a few things you’ll want to use. Here are some tips:
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials. This can damage the delicate surface of your screen.
- Avoid using water. Water can damage your keyboard and other components.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe down your screen. A microfiber cloth is ideal.
- Use compressed air to blow dust and debris out of hard-to-reach places on your keyboard.
If you need to clean between the keys on your keyboard, use a cotton swab or another soft, dry object. Gently insert it into the space and move it around until the dirt is removed.
By following the tips in this article, you can easily clean your laptop screen and keyboard without causing any damage. In addition, you’ll also save time and money by not having to replace your laptop as often. Do you have any other tips on how to clean a laptop screen or keyboard? Let us know in the comments below!